Oracle Enterprise Stage - Table Definition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Enterprise Stage - Table Definition

Post by snt_ds »

Hi,

We have jobs (in DEV) having Oracle Enterprise stage where in the columns have a value for the Table Defintion Reference pointing to the corresponding metadata residing in the Repository.

When we deploy such jobs to the UAT Environment, do we need to export the metadata as well or only the job designs will be enough
OR
Should we manually delete the table definition reference details from the stage for each column before the deploy to UAT

Will we get any warnings/error for Not doing either of the above?

We don't intend to use Metastage or do Uasge Analysis in UAT?

Regards,
NV
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you follow the standard software development life cycle (that is, changes are only ever made in the development environment) then you don't need to migrate table definitions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Yes u are right Ray..

My question is, Is it Ok if we dont manually delete the table definition reference details from the stage for each column..and let it pass along with the job during UAT deploy?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What do you mean by OK? If you mean "will the jobs still work" then the answer is "yes". If you mean "can I do accurate Usage Analysis in the new environment" then the answer is "probably not" but you can effect the Usage Analysis in the original environment.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSXchange is not a mobile phone. Please don't use SMS-style abbreviations. The second person personal pronoun is spelled "you" in English, not "u". I personally find "u" offensive.