BW Load - Critical Failure, no job name for PULL job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Chandrathdsx
Participant

BW Load - Critical Failure, no job name for PULL job

Post by Chandrathdsx »

I am using BW load stage to load the data into SAP BI from a dataset stage using the PUSH data load method. Some time the job runs fine and data gets loaded correctly into SAP PSA. But some times the job aborts with a message on SAP side as 'BW Load - Critical Failure, no job name for PULL job'. The message on Infoserver director: Fatal Error: Fatal: ERROR: Timeout waiting for BW to indicate InfoPackage ready for load.

Same job worked fine and it aborts with above messages without changing anything.

If any one has encountered this type of error and resolution, please share. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Chand.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's different at the times when it works and the times when it fails? What else is happening in SAP then? The message "waiting for BW to indicate..." suggests that the problem is on that side rather than in DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kamesh_sk
Participant

Re: BW Load - Critical Failure, no job name for PULL job

Post by kamesh_sk »

Try using the Push method by making etl as the master .
If SAP does not respond with proper info package name or with the request ID it is problem to be fixed by the SAP and not ETL
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

makesure that your connectivity between Datasate and SAP BW pack should be running mode not in sleeping mode
Chandrathdsx
Participant

Re: BW Load - Critical Failure, no job name for PULL job

Post by Chandrathdsx »

kamesh_sk wrote:Try using the Push method by making etl as the master .
If SAP does not respond with proper info package name or with the request ID it is problem to be fixed by the SAP and not ETL
Thank you all for you replies..

Answer to Ray's qn: Nothing being changed, niether on SAP side nor Infoserver/BW Packs connections etc.. for the successful and failed run. I am seeing as an unstable issue.

Answer to Kamesh: We are using the Push method. But, SAP thinks it is a Pull and the error message also on SAP side mentions the same. I am not able to understand why it thinks it as Pull, eventhough we set it up as Push..

Thanks again for all your help.. any resolution and thought process into it highly appreciated.
MrJingle
Participant

Post by MrJingle »

Hi Chandrathdsx, I've got the same problem.

Could you tell me which SAPLoad Pack release you have, please? And the DataStage one?

I'm working on DS 8.01 with SAP Pack 4.3.1.
Unfortunately, IBM says that the bug is fixed on the SAP Pack relaese 4.3.2: the problem is ....that release supports DS 8.1!!!!

Does anyone get the fixpack for the release 4.3.1?

Thanks
kamesh_sk
Participant

Post by kamesh_sk »

Hi,

This is a Bug in Datastage.
I had the same problem and got a Patch from IBM to fix this issue.
After installing the patch the load works fine