Table Type returned by Stored Procedure in DS Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amit_111
Participant

Table Type returned by Stored Procedure in DS Job

Post by Amit_111 »

Hi All,

I have a Stored Procedure which gives the Output as set of records (20 Columns) as Table type.
I have to execute this Stored Procedure through STP Stage in DS Job.
Can I take the O/P of this Procedure through the STP Stage which is a 'Table Type' and insert the records of this table Type in to the target tabe.

Thanks in Advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Who knows? It's not really clear what you are trying to do. Have you, in fact, tried it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to read the STP pdf in your Docs directory for what in supports and doesn't support. I think this falls into the latter category.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

Thanks for your Inputs.....Actually I am executing a Stored Procedure through DS Job .....the stored procedure is returining values in a "table type" format....just wanted to know if the STP can take this records set and proceed ahead with the transformation.....I will check in pdf and try in practically and let u all know my findings....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can call a stored procedure that returns a record set (if, indeed, this is what you're talking about) using a connection stage, such as an ODBC stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

STP stage doesn't support either table type or ref cursor.