How do I set the sequential file delimiter to ÿ ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'd need to provide the decimal value for the character, much like you need to use '009' for a TAB. Oh... and welcome. :D
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hey Bob. You also need to provide the ASCII value as a three digit decimal number. Craig implied this but did not state it explicitly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmm... it only allows values from 001 to 253. You'd need to do something to convert those delimiters to something it can handle, perhaps using tr/sed/awk in the Filter?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
leomauer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by leomauer »

I would suggest to look at hex value this character using od -cx UNIX command or in any text editor that allow to see hex value (I usually use Ultraedit). Then match it to decimal It may not be 255. Sometimes the screen displays this character for other unprintable hex values.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

255 and 254 don't work because they are used internally to manage the structure of hashed file storage. It's a limitation, but it's one we've learned to live with.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.