Unable to open Properties of Job Stages within a sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ratuldey
Participant

Unable to open Properties of Job Stages within a sequence

Post by ratuldey »

I am working on Datastage Server version 7.0 and am trying to llok into the Job Properties of the Job Stage within to view the Job parameters set within each stage. I am right-clicking on the Job and trying to view the Job Properties of the Job Stage and it simply does not show up.

I am not sure whether this is a bug with Datastage Server version 7.0 or not. However, I would like to know, if there were any patches released after this, to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Ratul.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like the Windows XP Service Pack 2 problem. If indeed you are running SP2 on your PC then you need to contact your support provider for the patch.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ratuldey
Participant

Post by ratuldey »

Could you kindly specify which patch you are referring to? I guess you are referring to a Windows patch and not a datastage patch. It would be very helpful, if you can name the patch or atleast the no.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a DataStage patch, called ds_xpsp2. Ask your support provider to obtain it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ratuldey
Participant

Post by ratuldey »

Hi,

Could you kindly provide the download link or the website where this patch would be downloadable? Our Systems Group personnel was unable locate the software anywhere in the IBM portal. Does the patch have any other name by which it is available on the IBM web portal ore is it exactly named as "ds_xpsp2"?

Thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You have to request it. You will not find it out there for download.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You will have to request it from your support provider - DSXchange can not provide, or (legally) can any of its participants.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ratuldey
Participant

Post by ratuldey »

Thanks for the info!
However, I would just request you to let me know (if possible), the exact Patch #. I have tried to contact IBM with the name "ds_xpsp2", however, they were unable to identify the patch. They want the exact patch #.

It would be really helpful, if you can provide this.

Thanks!
Ratul.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They were unable to identify the patch? :roll: Tell them you need the "Windows XP service pack 2" patch for the client, I have no idea what the number is.
-craig

shaimil
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by shaimil »

As the guys have said the patch is called dsclient_xpsp2. One thing to note is that after installation of this patch (and even prior), the 7.x client is a little unstable and frequently closes down itself when you work within Job Sequences.

Just remeber to save frequently
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's another patch for that. :wink: Oh, and I did find the ecase for the SP2 patch: 60128. That should help them locate it.
-craig

ratuldey
Participant

Post by ratuldey »

Thanks! That might just help! :)