How to find the Memory usage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chitravallivenkat
Participant

How to find the Memory usage

Post by chitravallivenkat »

Hi,

Where can I find the memory used by each server job?

I seached in the forum with the words 'memory usage'. but i could not get any clear result.

Thanks,
Venkat
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Windows Task Manager (in which you can select what you want to see on the Processes tab - DataStage jobs and active stages run uvsh.exe).

Windows Performance Monitor.

There are "hooks" available from DataStage server jobs into the Windows performance monitor, but these are only five counters of things, intended to be used in routine code. They are not ordinarily enabled for stages, and do not report memory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Thanks Ray for your reply.

Just one clarification is that Task Manager of Server machine where DS server is installed, should be watched. Is this correct?

Because I could not find any uvsh.exe process in my local machine where DS clients are installed.

Thanks,
Venkat
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is correct. DataStage jobs run on the server. Since you posted that your server was Windows-based, I mentioned those monitoring tools only.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Thanks Ray...