dsexport.exe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pierre
Participant

dsexport.exe

Post by Pierre »

Hi all

I wrote a .bat file that lists all jobs of all projects in files, then launches dsexport job after job. But if one of the jobs is opened, it waits for the answer Abort/Skip/Skip All/Retry.

Is there any way to automatically skip a locked job (for ex. a job opened in Designer) when executing dsexport in a loop ?
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Cher Pierre,

take your DOS-batch Manual and read it through. There are chapters on errorhandling and screen capture and reaction on this issues.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
Novak
Participant

Post by Novak »

Unfortunately, i can't exactly help here but would like to ask Wolfgang doesn't he think that, if everyody was to look up the books and manuals, there would be no need for the forums like these?
Either help the guy or keep comments like these to yourself...

Regards,

Novak
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IF the default answer is Y (which I'm unable to ascertain for dsexport at the moment), then you can use this trick to deliver an infinite number of "Enter" presses. Redirect stdin from NUL (which is /dev/null if you're on UNIX).

Code: Select all

dsexport options < .\NUL
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.