Hash file Normalize on

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramnishgupta
Participant

Hash file Normalize on

Post by ramnishgupta »

In DS 7.1 server edition I am trying to split an input row into multyple rows. The data in the row tha needs to be split is delimited by ;

To do this i use Convert(";", @VM, FIELD2) In a transformer and load it into a hash file as a non key column.

When i read the same hash file on the output link i am not able to slect "Normalize on" field. It is grayed out. How do i enable this feature.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need a VOC record for that, so the hashed file has to be created in an 'account' rather than pathed or you need to create the VOC record manually.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For "normalize on" to be enabled you need one or more fields defined as being able to handle multi-valued data.

There is a check box in the table definition in the Repository that allows you to indicate support for multi-valued fields. When this is selected the Columns grid includes three new columns; type, position and assoc. It is here that you can specify multi-value handling, and thus "enable the feature".

This is available for UniVerse, UniData and Hashed File stages.

Importing table definitions for these where the database object supports multi-valued data automatically records that fact in the table definition.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.