Purpose of creating Config file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

monaz
Participant

Purpose of creating Config file

Post by monaz »

Hi there is requirement for the job i created.. They need a config file for the job.. Can any one suggest me how to create config file and what's the purpose.

Please help me on this...
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

In Server Edition, I am not aware of any config files. You have to explain your requirement clearly, then only you will get required answers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And who are "they"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tkbharani
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tkbharani »

I think you requirement is to create a customized Config file for a particular job.

You have specified you job type as server. In server you dont have the concept of Configration files. If its parallel you can create as may config files you need.

Just copy you original config file and backup it. Then create a copy and customize it accordingly by adding or changing the number of nodes you need or changing the pools. you can then use it in an individual job by calling it through Environment variables in parameters.

Unless you have experiance in changing or creating config files, do not change config files. Consult your Datastage administrator.
Thanks, BK