Cannot relase job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot relase job

Post by myukassign »

When I try to delete a job, i am getting the folloing error.
"Job validation is being accessed by another user"

The interesting part is , I release the job from director still it throwing me the same error. In this server, only i am working, no chance of someone else accessing the job after i kill.

Can anyone help me?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum, looking for "lock" and, in particular, "LIST.READU". This will help you to ascertain the owner of the lock, and LISTU will link the owner number to the owner name. You can then use UNLOCK - if safe to do so - to release the lock. Or, if you have the deadlock daemon (dsdlockd) running, just wait till it completes another couple of cycles.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It sounds like the job is locked, perhaps by an aborted Designer session. Normally if you cannot see it in the Director window the locks should be gone.
I always recommend starting the deadlock daemon, this background process will ensure that this type of problem takes at most 15 minutes to clear itself up (that is the default wait interval).
If you are the only DataStage user, close your clients, go to UNIX and do a "ps -ef | grep {your userid}". There shouldn't be any DataStage sessions. If there are, use "kill {pid}" (note that you never use the-9 option) to get rid of the process.