DSSetUserStatus function use??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

LavanyaRamesh007
Participant

DSSetUserStatus function use??

Post by LavanyaRamesh007 »

Hi I want to know the use of DSSetUserStatus function. Is it talking abt the status of job like -> abort, running, success or is it something else.
In my job it is used as a Transform, that means we are calling it for every record in the table. How does it reads the status of records??

SETUSERSTATUS(lnk_SDN_PRGM_CNTRL.FILTER_CLAUSE)
Call DSSetUserStatus(Arg1)
Ans = @NULL
RETURN (ANS)

Plz explain
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're completely on the wrong track.

Each job has a "user status area" into which the DSSetUserStatus() function can put a value.

That value can subsequently retrieved, even after the job has finished, either through a Job activity's $UserStatus activity variable, or by calling the DSGetJobInfo() function from the DataStage API.

The user status area is completely unrelated to the execution status of jobs, stages or links.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Complete overkill to call it more than once and, as noted, it has nothing to do with the status of the job. It's just an area that can be used to stash user-defined information that any other process can retrieve anytime later.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers