Extremely long time loading and extracting records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Extremely long time loading and extracting records

Post by cosec »

Hi all,

There are two cases where the Datastage Job takes an extremely long time to complete.

Case (i) Extract from a Sequential File and Load to a DB2 Table.

Case (ii) Exract from Multiple DB2 Tables and Load to a DB2 Table

The issue in Case (i) is that the loading time is very long.... jobs that usually took just a few minutes to complete take more than an hour for the same number of records.

In Case (ii) The jobs abort with the following error :

[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "IP.XXX.XXX.XX". Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "73", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001

I have already checked with the DBA and was told that he has no found performance issue. What possible causes could result in long delays ?

Would appreciate your advice....

Thanks in advance.
mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mystuff »

you have to contact network administrator or let your datastage admin know about it.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

These typically are not DataStage "issues" per se but rather issues on the database side, in spite of what your DBA said. For example, Case (i) - define "load". Plus - how is the table structured? How many indexes does it have? Etc, etc.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers