Error when compiling or saving jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error when compiling or saving jobs

Post by BIuser »

Hi there

I am getting this error when I try to save or compile any of my jobs:

Mapping failed to find or create the target instance: JobDefn -> DSJobDef(EObject: c2e76d84.43058877.2d909c36.198adc15.bb7e3,JobDefn)

Funny thing is that I working in a team on a network here and none of my colleagues are experiencing this problem except me.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
B
-------------------------
https://www.ssa.co.za
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Privileges issue in the XMETA database, perchance? I would not think so, because this is only accessed through the services, but it's worth checking.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

And if it isn't XMETA, then can you try doing this same operation from a colleague's workstation - perhaps there is something different on your PC.
Mohammed Shakir
Participant

Re: Error when compiling or saving jobs

Post by Mohammed Shakir »

BIuser wrote:Hi there

I am getting this error when I try to save or compile any of my jobs:

Mapping failed to find or create the target instance: JobDefn -> DSJobDef(EObject: c2e76d84.43058877.2d909c36.198adc15.bb7e3,JobDefn)

Funny thing is that I working in a team on a network here and none of my colleagues are experiencing this problem except me.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
B
If you are using the Omit option to log on to DataStage Designer on a network without entering the USERNAME and PASSWORD then it may some times give you error while compiling or saving.

Try to Log on with a username and password in the Designer & compile/save.
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

Release 8.x does not have an Omit option.
BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BIuser »

Turns out that there was something corrupt within my operating system. I've formatted and re-installed my entire PC - only now is it working.

I tried running this job logging in from a colleagues PC - no problem, I then tried a different network connection - same problem - which led me to believe that the problem was with my laptop.

Regards,
Barbara
-------------------------
https://www.ssa.co.za