No project access

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

No project access

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We recently installed version 8 on our windows 2003 server and I had 3 projects defined. Today we realized we installed the C++ compiler but forgot the SDK piece from Microsoft. After installing the specified SDK software and rebooting the server I can no longer access any of the projects through the client pieces (both from the clients on my machine as well as the clients running on the server). We receive the following errors:
on designer and director clients:
Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_PROJECT (Action=1); check
DataStage is set up correctly in project DBproject
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

For admin client:
Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR.ADMIN (Action=36); check
DataStage
is set up correctly in project UV
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

I also noticed that when I issue the sh command from the dos prompt I get an error instead of the expected $ prompt (was able to perform after the install). I'm not sure if this is related to the problem above but just in case, I included it.

D:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\PXEngine\java>sh
'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Thanks - - John
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are the listener and other processes running? Does "telnet localhost" give you a DS login prompt (if yes, enter "UV" or a project name, and then "QUIT" once you get the TCL prompt)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The error on sh is probably because your PATH is not set up properly to include the MKS Toolkit bin folder.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

ArndW: I believe the processes are running..is tehre a way to verify? How do I "telnet localhost" I currently connect to the server using remote desktop?
Thanks for your Help!!

Ray: You were right whane I updated teh variables after the sdk install I removed teh one for MKS. That piece is now functioning.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There should be a tab in the System panel on the server for the DataStage processes that you can open and look. Also, just open up a CMD session DOS window and enter the "telnet localhost" command.
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Looks like the whole PATH variable was screwed up. I received a sample from someone who had a functioning server. I copied the entries releveant to our server and we are up and running.
Thanks everyone for your assistance!!
- - John
Oritech
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Oritech »

Looks like we are facing similar type of problem,

can any body mention where to locate PATH Variable as stated here
Looks like the whole PATH variable was screwed up. I received a sample from someone who had a functioning server. I copied the entries releveant to our server and we are up and running.
Thanks everyone for your assistance!!
- - John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's not your first/main problem. Solve your first/main problem first.

And please don't hijack closed threads - your problem is unlikely to be identical.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.