compilation error in sequence job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

compilation error in sequence job

Post by veera24 »

hi all,
When am trying to compile a sequence job i got an error saying that, XML Parser error on input line "".
Could any one tell me why it is occuring and what needs to be done to resolve this?

Your time will be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
veera...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job sequences are partially compiled on the client machine. This error possibly relates to your not having write permissions in the relevant folder on the client machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Search the forums for your actual error message, it has been discussed here before and yes, typically involves a permissions problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Job sequences are partially compiled on the client machine. This error possibly relates to your not having write permissions in the relevant folder on the client machine. ...
No previously i could compile the job properly. Now only am facing this. What needs to be done?
Thanks in advance...
veera...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's changed? ("Nothing" clearly is not the correct answer.)
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

ray.wurlod wrote:What's changed? ("Nothing" clearly is not the correct answer.) ...
i dont know ray but something might have changed i guess.
Thanks in advance...
veera...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only you can determine what. But check permissions where your DataStage client is installled for a start.
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Only you can determine what. But check permissions where your DataStage client is installled for a start. ...
Yes ray with your previous suggestions i've checked out the permissions. I've lost it thats why couldn't able to compile.
But my question now is, previously i can compile my jobs and but now i couldn't, because the permissions got lost. Why it got happened and how?
Thanks in advance...
veera...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Someone" (you or a local administrator) tightened up the permissions. More than that I can not say from here.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure how you can expect anyone on the other side of the looking glass to be able to answer that. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers