Hash file issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hash file issue

Post by Xpert »

Hi,

Please find the below error message which i got from one of the datastage job. Help me. Could some one tell me, what would be the root cause for this error?

J_Strip_Funding..Hashed_File_31.IDENT4: ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 3 with name "_SYSSMU3$" too small
With regards,
Xpert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is not a hashed file issue. It is an issue with your Oracle query. The ORAnnnn form of the error message code indicates that this is so. There are several possible causes of "snapshot too old": enlist your DBA to help to track down why yours is occurring.

The message is being generated by an "invisible" Transformer stage called IDENT4 which DataStage compiler has inserted between the two passive stages (Hashed File stage and Oracle stage) that you have connected directly with a link in your job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, most solutions to this problem involve your DBA.

http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/oracle/ORA01555.htm
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers