NOT CONNECTING TO PROJECT

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pxraja
Participant

NOT CONNECTING TO PROJECT

Post by pxraja »

when i am trying to connect to project while giving
host name ********
user name ********
password *********

and trying to select the project, the following error occurs.

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context
with the provider URL: "iiop://tds:2809".

Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and
that the target name server is running.

A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809.
Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and
workstation network configuration.

at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService$WASServer.init(JAASAuthenticationService.java:569)
at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.loginImpl(JAASAuthenticationService.java:290)
at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.login(JAASAuthenticationService.java:134)
at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.AuthenticationService.doLoginImpl(AuthenticationService.java:853)
at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.AuthenticationService.doLogin(AuthenticationService.java:353)

Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an
initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://tds:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is
correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809.
Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and
workstation network configuration. [Root exception is
org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: java.net.UnknownHostException: tds:host=tds,port=2809 vmcid: IBM minor code: E02 completed: No]

at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.mapInitialReferenceFailure(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:1968)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.mergeWsnNSProperties(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:1172)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getRootContextFromServer(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:720)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getRootJndiContext(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:643)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getInitialContextInternal(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:489)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContext(WsnInitCtx.java:113)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContextIfNull(WsnInitCtx.java:428)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:144)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)
at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService$WASServer.init(JAASAuthenticationService.java:564)
... 4 more

Note: I am using DATASTAGE VERSION 8.0.1

ANY ONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO RESOLVE FROM THIS ONE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't connect to a project any more.

You connect to IBM Information Server (machinename:9080) and authenticate there. That having been done, you will be presented with a drop-down list of DataStage server/project combinations, and can choose one from that list.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pxraja
Participant

is that related to ports for DSserver to be opened

Post by pxraja »

While I am clicking Drop down list only I got that error msg.

Is that related to ports for DSserver to be opened for my machine.,

If that is the case I have one port to be opened still

9080 port is opened for my machine.
pxraja
Participant

iiop//tds:2809".

Post by pxraja »

All my ports for connecting to Datastage Server has been opened, still I am having the problem in attaching to the project

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domail:
A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the
provider URL: "iiop//tds:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in
the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address
with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an
incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network
environment and workstation network configuration
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

can you, from a DOS shell window, execute "telnet {dsserver name} 9080"? If it works you will get a response and a timeout after a minute or two, if it isn't opened then you won't get a connection.
jasper
Participant

Post by jasper »

check your hosts file
I assume you have a windows client there it is under C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc .
Here you need to add the IP and name of your datastage server.
pxraja
Participant

I had resolved the problem

Post by pxraja »

I had copied HOSTS file from another system which is working and pasted.

now its working

thanks for your guidance