Showing the exact details when a sequence is aborted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saikrishna
Participant

Showing the exact details when a sequence is aborted

Post by saikrishna »

Hi

Normally for a project,it contains a master_sequence, underlined to it multiple sequences in a tree structured format and at leaf..there would be jobs...

In this format....If any job aborts..I would like to abort the entire sequence with the proper message that should be mailed to me.. The message should contain the following things..
(I know how to abort the entire sequence..but would want the message part of it..)

The list of jobs aborted...
The error messages from logs for each of these aborted jobs/sequences...

Thanks
Sai
saikrishna
Participant

Post by saikrishna »

I am going through DataStage CLI interface..with which I think I can do this...
But can you please tell me how to get the log entries for current run of a particular job....

I know that there is a CLI command for showing the log entries with
dsjob -logsum option. But we have to set the maximum number of entries interested..
But I would like to know the entries from current run only.... how do we specify that..

Thanks
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use Director. The current run is black, the previous run dark blue, earlier runs light blue.

You can print from Log view, which includes a Save to File option.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saikrishna
Participant

Post by saikrishna »

Ray...

This is manual option.. I want to automate this.. any idea on that

Thanks
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That requirement was not stated in your original question.

An Exception Handler has a couple of activity variables that can identify what went wrong and where. You can use that as a starting point to drill down (in a routine, probably) until you find the underlying cause.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.