MQ Message Filtering

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jatayl
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQ Message Filtering

Post by jatayl »

Anyone ever used Message Filtering Options in the MQ plugin?

I have a requirement to filter based on a string that's in the PutName column on the queue. Under the Message Filtering Options tab, I've check apply filtering and put my string under Original Application Name.

Example:
'TINCT'

When I try to view data, nothing shows up. If I delete the string, I can see all data on the queue. I've even tried running it to see if I get a different result.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi jatayl... I haven't tried it in awhile, but for more valid testing, I would surely run it and not use view data. The filtering capability in the old plugin was designed to support both those attributes that are fully supported by the MQ API for filtering [I don't remember exactly which ones those are, but it's fairly easy to find the documentation of the MQ API on the web], as well as others that are done within the stage itself (browse then filter). It can be a real performance hit for the non-API style filters, but more importantly for your circumstances, may have issues depending on what you choose to filter on. Application name may be what you need, but for figuring out this puzzle, see in your research if you can get any other properties to work for you with filtering in a running job. Next time I fire up my server I'll try a few, although I don't have access to a 7.x server at this time.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>