meta data storage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

meta data storage

Post by veera24 »

hi all,

actually where exactly the meta data ll be stored in the repository? I jus wanna go through my Unix box and i wanna delete it.

I can clear up the columns through table definitions option in Designer itself. but i wanna do the same through Unix box.

Like log reports which is stored under RT_LOG<job number>, where the meta data ll get stored?... Just wanna know this, tats y am asking... hope DS Guru's ll help me out.

Your time ll be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
veera...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The quickest way is to open your Administrator client and delete the project. DataStage will not work without metadata so, if you want to delete metadata, you also want to delete DataStage.

Try to find some other way to clean up disk space, or obtain more disk space.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

ray.wurlod wrote:The quickest way is to open your Administrator client and delete the project. DataStage will not work without metadata so, if you want to delete metadata, you also want to delete DataStage.

Try to ...
No ray... hope you couldn get my and i might have not given you the proper information. sorry for that...pls. excuse...

consider, if am extracting the data for sequential file/database from the source and when i click "SAVE" option in the columns tab then it will be stored under the category we want, say "Saved category".

I can view the meta data, i mean the column details (column name, data type, length and all) thru the table definitions itself. am i right?

In the similiar way where can i view the data through the unix box? is it possible or not? if so let me know... jus wanna know about it..for that curiosity only am asking you guru.
Thanks in advance...
veera...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is not possible. The structure of the DS_METADATA table is inadequately documented to allow for it to be updated. Further, the method of storage changes in version 8.x.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.