Job Number

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Good to know that it atleast works in EE.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

chulett wrote:
ag_ram wrote:Correct chulett.
So... your question was some kind of a quiz? What the frak was the point of that? :evil:

If you knew the answer, just post it as a clarification. If you didn't, say "Thanks" and move on.
I didnt know the answer before. So I just did what you told me to do. Everything happened as you said.

Anyway belated 'Thanks' to you.
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

chulett wrote:Lovely.
ArndW wrote:veera24 - I neglected to finished the details in my original post. Open up the 3rd log entry, where the ENVironment is displayed, and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH will have the jobno ...
hi i didn see any number there... could you pls. clarify...
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

chulett wrote:Lovely.
ArndW wrote:veera24 - I neglected to finished the details in my original post. Open up the 3rd log entry, where the ENVironment is displayed, and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH will have the jobno ...
hi i didn see any number there... could you pls. clarify...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I just realized that this thread is in the Server forum and the solution with the job number that I posted was for Parallel jobs; so you are quite correct that it was the wrong answer.

You can get the job number by going into TCL or using the Admin command line and issuing a "LIST" or "SELECT" statement as posted earlier in this thread.

One question that wasn't asked is why you need the Job Number?
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

ArndW wrote:I just realized that this thread is in the Server forum and the solution with the job number that I posted was for Parallel jobs; so you are quite correct that it was the wrong answer.

You can get ...
its k... then where shall i get the job number then?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I've changed the post to be non-premium.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

As said by ArndW, you can come to know the Job no by LIST command as well,

Code: Select all

LIST JOBNO DS_JOBS WITH NAME='<jobname>'

Please correct the SQL, ArndW.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The LIST command is incorrect, ag_ram

LIST DS_JOBS ID.SUP JOBNO WITH NAME EQ '{YourJobName}'
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ArndW wrote:The LIST command is incorrect, ag_ram

LIST DS_JOBS ID.SUP JOBNO WITH NAME EQ '{YourJobName}'
But i executed that SQL before posting, it results the job no which we want.

I wonder what was incorrect there.

[Incorrect is that the solution does not give the expected result.]

You could use the phrase as 'that LIST command could be refined as this' because suppressing the display of the record IDs is user's wish.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

ag_ram, your list command is incorrect. The syntax of the list command is

| SYNTAX                                                                       |
|                                                                              |
|       LIST [DICT | USING [DICT] dictname] filename [records                  |
|          | FROM n] [selection] [output.limiter] [sort] [output]              |
|          [report.qualifiers]   
note, the first mandatory parameter is the filename. It just so happens that the inform engine is smart enough to parse the line looking for a filename from left to right, but if JOBNO were a filename you would get an incorrect result. I explicitly did not state that it should be refined because it is not correct.
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

ArndW wrote:ag_ram, your list command is incorrect. The syntax of the list command is

| SYNTAX                                                                       |
|                                                                              |
|       LIST [DICT | USING [DICT] dictname] filename [records                  |
|          | FROM n] [selection] [output.limiter] [sort] [output]              |
note, the first mandatory parameter is the filename. It just so happens that the inform engine is smart enough to parse the line looking for a filename from left to right, but if JOBNO were a filename you would get an incorrect result. I explicitly did not state that it should be refined because it is not correct.
hi arndw,

could you pls. explain with an example?
i've also got the job number by using ag_ram's code.

Thanks
veera...
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

ArndW wrote:ag_ram, your list command is incorrect. The syntax of the list command is

hi arndw,

could you pls. explain with an example?
i've also got the job number by using ag_ram's code.

Thanks
veera...