dsjob timeout issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

NEO
Premium Member
Premium Member

dsjob timeout issue

Post by NEO »

folks,
I have written a small batch script in dos, that invokes a datastage job and waits for it to complete. If it completes successfully, it FTPs some files to the Unix box and runs the same program again. If the program fails, the script stops. I am getting a

Code: Select all

Error 81002 waiting for job

Status code = 81002
error even when the job runs successfully. Going through this forum, I found out that its a timeout issue, which makes sense, coz my job runs for almost 2 hrs. I tried to check do not time out in administrator, but I dont have the previlages. Is there a work around to make the status code return successful when the job runs successfully without timeout issues.
Heres a snippet of my batch code

cd C:\DataStageBackups\01-11-2006
ftp -i -s:C:\RECCNTRFTPScript.txt cinhapps31
dsjob -server cinhapps31 -user user -password passwd -run -mode RESET UAT MASTERSEQ
dsjob -server cinhapps31 -user user -password passwd -run -mode NORMAL -jobstatus -param INTR_RETURN_FILE=dl.out -param MNI_RETURN_FILE=al.out -param IN_PROC_DATE=2006-01-10 UAT MASTERSEQ
IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO Stop

cd C:\DataStageBackups\01-12-2006
ftp -i -s:C:\RECCNTRFTPScript.txt cinhapps31
dsjob -server cinhapps31 -user user -password passwd -run -mode RESET UAT MASTERSEQ
dsjob -server cinhapps31 -user user -password passwd -run -mode NORMAL -jobstatus -param INTR_RETURN_FILE=dl.out -param MNI_RETURN_FILE=al.out -param IN_PROC_DATE=2006-01-11 UAT MASTERSEQ
IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO Stop
:Stop
pause
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

81002 - Looks like its not a timeout issue, it is probably a issue related with Broken Connection.

Used

SELECT * FROM SYS.MESSAGE WHERE @ID = '081002';
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The connection breaks when the job run exceeds the Inactivity Timeout setting and the dsrpc connection is severed. Neo, you need to find someone with Admin privledges and have them either increase the timeout value or set it to 'Do not timeout'. That or make your job run in less time. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
samit_9999
Participant

Where can i find the Inactivity Timeout settings in 7.5.2

Post by samit_9999 »

Hi,

I am facing this similar problem and am not sure how to set the Inactivity Timeout settings.

Looked up in Administrator General Tab, but could not find it.

Thanks,
Sam
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Where can i find the Inactivity Timeout settings in 7.5.

Post by vivekgadwal »

Samit,

Inactivity timeout settings ARE in Administrator general tab. The default is set to 86400 sec (I think). That is a full day! There is also a "Do Not Timeout" check box underneath the settings.
Also, bear in mind that when the network connection is severed, this happens too. I encounter this issue and usually it is not because of the Inactivity timeout settings.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
dinagiza
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dinagiza »

Hi, Vivek.
Have you resolved this problem? If yes, can you explain how? We started to encounter the same problem on our server (Information Server 8.1) (after installation of fix pack 1)

Thank you very much