How to pass parameters in server routines?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jagan617
Participant

How to pass parameters in server routines?

Post by Jagan617 »

:?:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome aboard.

You're gonna need to do more than just put a question mark as the sum total of your first post. Sure, saw your subject but it doesn't stand well on its own. Repeating the subject as your 'additional info' line doesn't help, either. You need to expand on your question, give us a better idea of what in the heck you mean and are looking for before you'll get any kind of meaningful response.

Be specific. You pass a parameter to a routine by including it in the call to the routine but I can't imagine that's really what you need help with. 'At runtime' might mean a Job Parameter but who knows? Are these Transform routines you'd use in a job? Before/After routines? A routine for use in a Sequence job?

You need to help us help you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Jagan617
Participant

i wanna use parameters in server routines like we use in job

Post by Jagan617 »

Jagan617 wrote::?:
Jagan617
Participant

i wanna use parameters in server routines like we use in job

Post by Jagan617 »

Jagan617 wrote::?:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Jagan617 - thanks for the additional explanation, that has cleared things up. There are 2 answers to your question:

(a) 42
or
(b) :!:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nice. :roll:

Put your questions in the Message body. Changing the subject in a reply can only be seen when people reply to your post and may not even be noticed then, I didn't at first nor does it seem Arnd did. Most people won't even bother to click Reply based on what can be seen in your posts.
The subject wrote:i wanna use parameters in server routines like we use in job
Still doesn't help. I don't know what to say except 'go ahead'. Do you have a specific question? Something that isn't working for you? If you want to use a job parameter inside a routine, you can't directly. You need to pass it in as one of the arguments. Is that what you are asking about? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers