which oracle stage supports oracle 10g database in 7x?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jagan617
Participant

which oracle stage supports oracle 10g database in 7x?

Post by Jagan617 »

:)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not all that much better. You're still repeating yourself. And you need something more than an icon in the body of the post. :?

The OCI stage in 7.5.1a (maybe 7.5?) is where official support for 10g arrived, from what I recall. Doesn't mean you couldn't access it in earlier versions, just that it wasn't "officially" supported. We accessed 10g via a 9i client without issue, for example.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pradeepleon
Participant

Re: which oracle stage supports oracle 10g database in 7x?

Post by pradeepleon »

Jagan617 wrote::)
Use the latest plugin whatever is available...It's easier, if any upgrades happen on Oracle side in the future....using some of the utilities available in DS we can update the Oracle project accordingly on datastage side too.....
Thanks,
Pradeep

(Ten Hugs And Nine KisseS - THANKS)......is that true?

In GOD we trust,for all others we take cash.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: which oracle stage supports oracle 10g database in 7x?

Post by gateleys »

We use the OCI stage to connect to our 10G.
gateleys
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

chulett wrote: The OCI stage in 7.5.1a (maybe 7.5?) is where official support for 10g arrived, from what I recall. Doesn't mean you couldn't access it in earlier versions, just that it wasn't "officially" supported. We accessed 10g via a 9i client without issue, for example.
We use ORAOCI 9 stage (if that is what you are expecting as an answer!). First you need to install the 10g client on the Server.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

chulett wrote: The OCI stage in 7.5.1a (maybe 7.5?) is where official support for 10g arrived, from what I recall. Doesn't mean you couldn't access it in earlier versions, just that it wasn't "officially" supported. We accessed 10g via a 9i client without issue, for example.
We use ORAOCI 9 stage (if that is what you are expecting as an answer!). First you need to install the 10g client on the Server.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
vijay.barani
Participant

Post by vijay.barani »

Instead of oracle oci stage, you can use DRS stage, it support oracle 10g version database.
Warm Regards,
Vijay