FolderStage Eqv job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

das_nirmalya
Participant

FolderStage Eqv job

Post by das_nirmalya »

I want to read a set of files from a folder and just want to write the files name (not the data of files) in a seq file for further transformation.

What will be the job structure?
nsd
sachin1
Participant

Re: FolderStage Eqv job

Post by sachin1 »

hello friend can you post your query in parallel category
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

sachin1 wrote:hello friend can you post your query in parallel category
May i know, what was the main reason to recommend das_nirmalya to post this into Parallel forum, since i feel we could achieve this in a Server Job without any risk.
das_nirmalya wrote:I want to read a set of files from a folder and just want to write the files name (not the data of files) in a seq file for further transformation.
You can use [ Folder --> Seq File ] design to extract only file names with/without full path through a Server Job.
sachin1
Participant

Post by sachin1 »

yes we know that we can achive this using just filename with wild card and using this column as key in folder stage to get just filename from folderstage, but his question was for job type parallel..........so the question should go in parallel category.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

das_nirmalya,

It is your time to declare that which has been an intended notification or the unnoticed default option.

If it is to be in a Parallel Job, please refer this post.