connecting to peoplesoft

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

connecting to peoplesoft

Post by mystuff »

Hi all,

I have few elementary questions. I just heard about a firm connecting peoplesoft and datastage through some component interface

a) How is it possible to connect to peoplesoft via datastage (both server or parallel)
b) Why do we infact need to connect to peoplesoft
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't. DataStage connects to the database that stores data used by the PeopleSoft application.

What you need is the metadata for those tables. The easiest way to get those is via the PeopleSoft PACK (from PeopleSoft in the form of "canned" DataStage jobs, table definitions and routines).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

There is a version of DataStage called something like DataStage OEM for PeopleSoft and it's DataStage 7.5.2 that is bundled with PeopleSoft EPM (Performance Management Reporting) that comes with the PACK to help you pull data out of PeopleSoft CRM and put it into EPM for reporting.

So since DataStage is the official integration product for PeopleSoft applications I don't know why you would need a third party product as an intermediary.