login issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pk39565
Premium Member
Premium Member

login issue

Post by Pk39565 »

I am getting erroe TIMEOUT expired while logging into Datastage.
This is happend never before and my credientals were not changed.
after server reboot with the same credential i am able to login.

what could be the reasons for this?

due to load on server , server may not be able to authenticate my credential?is it true.

what are the other possible reason where server fails to authenticate in time for valid userid/pwd?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can get timeouts on the server itself, on the domain controller, and/or in the network, all caused by too great a load.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pk39565
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Pk39565 »

ray.wurlod wrote:You can get timeouts on the server itself, on the domain controller, and/or in the network, all caused by too great a load. ...
Thanks ray. could you please explain me domain controller
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Domain controller is only relevant where the DataStage server is on a Windows platform. It is one way that Windows authentication can be performed. I included it for completeness, and forgot completely about LDAP servers (Active Directory servers) which can also be overwhelmed by demand for resources.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.