FTP Plugin Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

das_nirmalya
Participant

FTP Plugin Stage

Post by das_nirmalya »

I want to transfer Flatfile from one m/c to another! so I want to use FTP Plugin stage , pls tell me how it work.

what i have to use as src and target ? this is folder Stage or Sequential File Stage.
nsd
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

das_nirmalya - the stage is well documented in the PDFs. Could you tell us what you tried that didn't work and we'll see if someone can help?
das_nirmalya
Participant

Post by das_nirmalya »

ArndW wrote:das_nirmalya - the stage is well documented in the PDFs. Could you tell us what you tried that didn't work and we'll see if someone can help? ...
yea this is documented in DataStage PDF, but thing is that PDF show FTP stage but in DataStage Pallate it is FTP Plugin stage ,, their properties are different.
nsd
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I just looked at the Server documentation and the PDF describes the stage contents.

Many people use DSXchange instead of trying somethin in an actual job; so if you explain what you have (unsuccessfully) tried so far you will get much more assistance than if you ask for a complete step-by-step description of how to implement the FTP stage.

The only reason to use the FTP stage in DataStage is to avoid "landing" data on the DataStage server, since the stage can read or write line-by-line instead of forcing the file to be copied and stored on the server.

If you don't need this functionality it is usually simpler and more transparent (making for easier maintenance) to use the standard command line FTP.
sachin1
Participant

Post by sachin1 »

i have not tried using folder stage .............but may be you can use it if you know the file in folder to get transfered.

to transfer a file from seq file stage you have a design like

seq file------------transformer--------------------->FTP stage.

check for ftp stage input tab properties properly for directory path on remote machine where you want your file to get transfered.
tsn
Participant

Post by tsn »

your DS installed in Unix or in Windows

ths.
with regards,
tsn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Plug-In" means "optionally installed".

The terms "FTP Plugin stage" and "FTP stage" mean the same thing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.