How to find the job warning limits in director log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Designer (I believe) ignores anything you give in Job Run Options and uses the defaults (set using Tools menu in Director).

There does not appear to be any mechanism in Director for recovering the run and warning limits with which a job was run, even when non-default values are given.

If you really want to hack the only place I've found the information is in the RT_STATUS record for the job (this gets marginally more complex if the job is multi-instance).

Code: Select all

SELECT @ID FMT '40L', EVAL "@RECORD<18>" WARNLIMIT FROM RT_STATUSnnn WHERE EVAL "@RECORD<1>" = 'JOB';
where nnn is the job number from DS_JOBS.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, the Designer ignores any default run time limit you may have established in the Director and always seems to default to 'unlimited'. The Director is the only thing that pays attention to that setting there.

I for one have never seen it 'abort after 50' when you haven't set it to 50... unless perhaps you have a Reject row with an 'Abort After' value? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

Thanks Ray and chulett,

I didn't give any limits during run time for both warning and row tabs, also no values like abort after this much rows has been processed in job level.

Thanks, Ragu
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

Thanks Ray and chulett,

I didn't give any limits during run time for both warning and row tabs, also no values like abort after this much rows has been processed in job level.

Thanks, Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then look in Director, under the Tools menu (Options) to learn that the default warning limit is 50.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.