FTP Stage Connect Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

FTP Stage Connect Error

Post by Nisusmage »

Hello All,

I'm having trouble using the FTP stage to connect to a FTP server. The server is local, unsercured and anonymous.

I want to use the FTP stage to connect and send the data across. However, I get this error "socket call 'connect' failed". I'm presuming that the stage is using the wrong command to connect to the FTP server. It should be using the OPEN command?

If this is so, has anyone found a workaround without using the command stage? and/or does anyone know of a patch for this bug? I' would like to keep it clean and use the FTP stage because there's so many places that it will be used.

Thanks in advance.
~The simpliest solutions are always the best~
~Trick is to understand the complexity to implement simplicity~
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The FTP stage in DataStage transfers data line-by-line using FTP calls; it doesn't use the classic FTP program as we are used to. Are you reading from or writing to the FTP stage? Are you specifying a valid userid and password (yes, I saw you mention "anonymous" ftp)?
Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nisusmage »

ArndW wrote:The FTP stage in DataStage transfers data line-by-line using FTP calls; it doesn't use the classic FTP program as we are used to. Are you reading from or writing to the FTP stage? Are you specifying a valid userid and password (yes, I saw you mention "anonymous" ftp)?
I'm writing to the FTP stage.
I've tested the FTP server and created a directory there and put a file on the server over ftp. So that all works.

I've pretty double checked all the settings in the FTP stage. All seems fine. Just get that error above.

I think I'm just going to have to use the Command stage.
Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nisusmage »

ArndW wrote:The FTP stage in DataStage transfers data line-by-line using FTP calls; it doesn't use the classic FTP program as we are used to. Are you reading from or writing to the FTP stage? Are you specifying a valid userid and password (yes, I saw you mention "anonymous" ftp)?
I'm writing to the FTP stage.
I've tested the FTP server and created a directory there and put a file on the server over ftp. So that all works.

I've pretty double checked all the settings in the FTP stage. All seems fine. Just get that error above.

I think I'm just going to have to use the Command stage.
Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nisusmage »

Please ignore this problem.

I was testing the FTP server from my local machine and it was connecting just fine. Turns out the netwrok guys never created a route from the DS server to the FTP. There's always a simple answer.

Thanks for the response.