Transformer Rejects not throwing warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jtsoong
Participant

Transformer Rejects not throwing warnings

Post by jtsoong »

Hi guys,

I'm running a couple of Transformers with Reject Links.

I used to have these Reject Links going to individual Sequential File stages.
When any rows went down the Reject Links they would throw a Warning-'Row Rejected' that was shown in Director and could be retrieved using DSJ.JOBSTATUS.

I decided to change these Reject Links to all go to a Link Collector before going to a Sequential File (so I only have one 'rejects' file)

However now I have done this, I no longer receive the Warning-'Row Rejected' entries in Director.

Does anyone know why this is? Is there a way to get it to set the Warnings when using a Link Collector?

(Note: to get the Link Collector to work I had to enable Job Properties -> Performance -> Enable row buffer -> Inter Process)
sachin1
Participant

Re: Transformer Rejects not throwing warnings

Post by sachin1 »

you can use DSGetLinkInfo
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are the links still [Reject] links?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jtsoong
Participant

yup

Post by jtsoong »

yup they're still marked as 'REJECT LINKS' in the Transformer.

Its annoying because now i'm stuck with 3 Sequential Files with the 'Rejects' in them.. I was hoping to use that 'Link Collector' to collect all the 'Rejects' into one file...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? All you are missing is the warning in the log when there are reject rows. Is that really something you believe you need? An after job routine could check for records down the final combined link and log a warning when it's greater than zero to replace that functionality.

Open a case with your official Support provider, perhaps that way it can be corrected if indeed it is a bug... or who knows, there may be a patch.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jtsoong
Participant

oh

Post by jtsoong »

oh yer, thats a good suggestion , thanks :)