Warning message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

uppalapati2003
Participant

Warning message

Post by uppalapati2003 »

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Invalid character(s) ([xFFFD]) found converting Unicode string (code point(s): [x0000][x0000][x0000][x0000][x0000][x0000][x0001][xFFFD]) to codepage ASCL_EBCDIC-1026, substituting
Srini
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Can you please provide the details of your job design.
After searching in this forum i have found out one such link which is might help you out. :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=112867&highlight=conver ... ode+string
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
uppalapati2003
Participant

Post by uppalapati2003 »

Job Details

I am importing from Schema file

SEQ File ---->Column Import ----->CopyStage ---->TRFM---> LKP --->TRFM---> Target (DS)

I am able to load the Data in to data set

Thanking in advance
Srini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable operator combination so that a more precise diagnosis might be obtained, particuarly in relation to the actual source of the error. Also post what you believe the data should contain (and why there might be an 0xFFFD character therein).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
uppalapati2003
Participant

Post by uppalapati2003 »

Hi Ray,

I done the same , Now i Know the which Source it is giving (this is giving in Column Import stage ) But this is not specifying the Columns Name ,
I expecting data in char,Decimal ,Big int ,Interger

Interger fields are date in target

I am using Routine to convert Interger to date

I asked to check the Schema file that any special charaters are present

If there other's to cause this warning please suggest me

Thanking you in advance
Srini
mattias.klint
Premium Member
Premium Member

converting Unicode

Post by mattias.klint »

How did it go? (I realize that you might not see this ;-)
I hope it's ok that I hi jack this thread.

I have a similar problem. i tried putting all my fields to unicode and not unicode. I extract my data from an IDOC in UTF-8 and insert it to a seq. file with ISO-88859-1.

main_program: Invalid character(s) ([x2021]) found converting Unicode string (code point(s): {[x000A] JOBNAME='KundReg_IDOC_DEBMAS_to_Canon', [x000A] DSSAPCONNECTION='DSPASSWORD={v~...) to codepage ISO-8859-1, substituting.

main_program: Invalid character(s) ([x2021]) found converting Unicode string (code point(s): {[x000A] PORT_VERSION='3', [x000A] IDOC_TYPE_VERSION='700', [x000A] IDOCCOMPONENTTOEXTRACT='...) to codepage ISO-8859-1, substituting.

Anyone had the same problem?