Sequence does not abort even though job activity aborts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

joesat
Participant

Sequence does not abort even though job activity aborts

Post by joesat »

I have a job sequence with a Job Activity followed by an Execute Command Activity. I have given two conditions for the trigger from the Job Activity - one to trigger the Execute Command if the job completes with a status 1 or 2, second to terminate the sequence if the job aborts. I have used a terminator for this purpose.

But the job sequence does not abort if the job activity fails. The Execute Command starts running even after the job fails. The director logs list the command being executed even after the job aborts.

I am confused as to how a sequence can keep running even after a job aborts and the signal is sent to the Terminator activity.

I hope I have conveyed my quandary suitably. Please let me know if you need further details. Thanks!
Joel Satire
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Have you tried using the builtin "Warning" and "Error" codes? Do you have "automatically handle activities that fail" switch activated?
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

I'll try that Rubu, thanks :-)

But I have some other existing sequences which seem to work properly with the same kind of condition (ie. specified as Jobstatus=1 or 2 in the trigger section)... that is, the job triggers the next activity when it finishes OK or with warnings; but fails otherwise, and consequently the sequence aborts.

It would be a great help, if you guys can educate me on the DS Constants part, ie. using inbuilt values as Arndw suggested...
Joel Satire
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

It would be great, if you guys can educate me on the DS Constants part, ie. using inbuilt values as Arndw suggested... is it any different from specifying the exit codes as numeric values... could this be a cause for my problem?
Joel Satire