Corrupted DS_JOBOBJECTS hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mcolen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Corrupted DS_JOBOBJECTS hash file

Post by mcolen »

I ran out of disk space and corrupted my DS_JOBOBJECTS file. Is there a way to rebuild it?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Perhaps.

Make a backup of the project at Unix level when all users are logged off. Then use either the preferred method of running "fixtool" from UNIX or doing a "UVFIXFILE" from TCL. This has a good chance of repairing the file, or at least most of it.

Do you have a backup that you can re-load into the project after the file is fixed?
mcolen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mcolen »

Thanks for your response. I am on Windows not Unix, but your response should work either way.

I was hoping there is a way to rebuild the hash file rather than fix it. The fixtool sometimes deletes records if it can't fix them. I'm not sure how I could tell if I lost some records from the file. I might not know for months.

As of now, I am favoring of deleting the project then recreating it again and then loading a backup of my project from a couple of days ago.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Teh fix process will tell you if a group is corrupted and deleted - when you see that message you know that record loss has occurred. If that does not happen then things look a lot better. Force-recompiling all jobs after a truncation should also show you which job(s) might be corrupted.

Since you have a backup you have the luxury of having options available to you.