Job Root created and cant delete it

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Root created and cant delete it

Post by manuel.gomez »

Hello,

I was working in Datastage and something strange happened.

Was working with a job, and I got this error message: "Type mistmatch"

I couldnt save my job, but a new one was created: ROOT (see image)

Imagehttp://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jobrootst1.jpg

Now, if I try to delete this job, I get this message:

Code: Select all

Unable to delete the item(s).

The Job 'ROOT' has been renamed to 'Comp_MPD_SAP2'.
I went to the console, and rebuild repository. Then stopped all datastage services and restarted again, but nothing changes, the job is still there

If I go to the Command Console, and do a SELECT * FROM DS_JOBS, none of the jobs do appear: 'root' nor 'Comp_MPD_SAP2'

Can anyone tell me what is it happening here?

Thanks very much
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

I just restarted completely the server
It did not help at all, problem remains the same
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Odd... you probably need to take this question to your Support provider, looks like some new problem introduced in 8.x? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you rename "ROOT" to something else then delete it? Can you try to move it to another category then delete it? I recall having a similar V8 issue where the internal metadata and the repository metadata didn't match. This was a category with no components and I think we only got rid of it when we deactivated that project.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ROOT is a reserved name, and can not be used as a job name. This is undocumented, but even the visible portions of DS_JOBOBJECTS make it clear why it is so. You would need the same name for the job record and for its root (entrypoint) record. Duplicate primary keys are forbidden.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

Thanks for your answers guys

I could not fix the issue at all. Tried to rename, move the job to a differente category, but nothing helped

Thank godness I backuped the project the day before this happened. So far, I will create a new project and import this backup, and try to delete the old one. I cant think in any other better solution
mattias.klint
Premium Member
Premium Member

ROOT jobs sucks

Post by mattias.klint »

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have exactly the same problem, did you ever stumble over a soloution. I cant delete the projekt so I have my ROOT job laying there bothering me.

Thanks,
Mattias
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

You definitely need help from Support for this, to get your repositories in a consistent state after removal of the ROOT data.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

I had the same problem again, now with a job sequence (I do have a root job and a root sequence)

Have you ever heard about this since I asked for the first time?

Thanks a lot
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It won't really help unless we know the provenance of DStageWrapper. Does it come with DataStage, does it come from IBM, does it come from your particular reseller, was it written in-house? What's in it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.