Command line parameters viewing process properties

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Command line parameters viewing process properties

Post by RodBarnes »

When I view the properties for a uvsh.exe program from a task manager, I see something like the following as the command line:

Code: Select all

C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine/bin/uvsh DSD.RUN seqProcessAgentSummary. 0/50/1/0/0 
Or

C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine/bin/uvsh DSD.StageRun jobBuildAgentSummarySnapShot. jobBuildAgentSummarySnapShot.getUser1 62 0/50/1 
Can anyone tell me what the numeric parameters represent? I believe that, for the DSD.RUN, it is the Row Limit and Warn Limit values followed by three other parameters I don't know. With the DSD.StageRun, it again appears to show the Row/Warn Limits but it has a separate numeric value (62 in the above example) and an additional trailing value.

Just thought I might be able to save myself some time if someone already knew what these are.[/code]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I did ask Ascential this question once, but they claimed it was proprietary knowledge and refused to tell me.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

ray.wurlod wrote:I did ask Ascential this question once, but they claimed it was proprietary knowledge and refused to tell me.
Thanks, Ray. I will research this further then. I have some ideas based upon the available options when running a job. I'll post back what I find.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe the third number is run mode - 1=normal, 2=validate, 3=reset.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Command line parameters viewing process properties

Post by RodBarnes »

I've confirmed that, in both of the examples (below), the first and second values of the parameter set (delimited by slashes -- "0/50") are "Row Limit" value and the "Warn Limit" value visible from the Run dialog. When doing a "Validate" (rather than a "Run"), the first value is -1 and no other values are passed. When doing a "Reset", the first value is -2 and no other values are passed.

Job/sequence example:

C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine/bin/uvsh DSD.RUN seqProcessAgentSummary. 0/50/1/0/0 
Stage example:

C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine/bin/uvsh DSD.StageRun jobBuildAgentSummarySnapShot. jobBuildAgentSummarySnapShot.getUser1 62 0/50/1