AS400 & Date format YYYYMMDD

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wwalker
Premium Member
Premium Member

AS400 & Date format YYYYMMDD

Post by wwalker »

Hi,

Having a problem I am sure I have seen before, but going over my past projects, I have not found the solution I used before.

I am updating from AS400 to the same AS400 with a hash file staging point after a transformer.

The objective is to put today's date in the target field (Decimal 15,6) in the format YYYYMMDD.

However, for todays date, I would expect for example 20080415.000000...and I SEE 20080415 in my staging point file. However, in AS400, we are getting 4258146.000000

I seem to recall this was something about needing to convert the data format before loading to character or something like that...but I cannot find an example of what I did before.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wade
Wade Walker
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post how this was Resolved. Obviously you found what it was that you did. But what was it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wwalker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wwalker »

Thanks, Ray...confession time.

My staging point, for some reason had the YYYYMMDD field defined as datatype "Date" instead of "decimal". once I set this correctly to "decimal", the problem was resolved.
Wade Walker