Getting Error: data source is empty

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sureshchandra
Participant

Getting Error: data source is empty

Post by sureshchandra »

Hi all,
I'm my source stage(ODBC).In view data i'm getting data source is empty.In my source stage i'm using tab user defined SQL query.
Pls help me how to resolve.

Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not an error. "Is empty" means that your query returns 0 rows. Try the same query using any other client (not DataStage) - you will get the same result.

If that's not what you require, you will need to review the constraints in your SELECT statement (or stored procedure).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

Hi ray,
i'm sorry.Yes it is giving data source is empty.But while i'm running that query in QTODBC it is running fine.I'm getting the output.
Can u suggest me of what are the changes shoulkd i do.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Verify that the SQL being sent from DataStage is exactly the same as what you executed through QTODBC. You may need to involve your DBA to monitor the connection to establish what query is actually being received by the database server.

Also, please report whether you received any warnings or errors (not counting the "data source is empty" message) when you run the job.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

you can find what query statement is submitted through your job?
sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

hi keshav,
It is a DB2 query.Which i pasted in ODBC stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

keshav0307 wrote:you can find what query statement is submitted through your job?
Yes, it's reported in the job log.