Running the jobs in sequence and looping upto certain time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cpvnprasad
Participant

Running the jobs in sequence and looping upto certain time

Post by cpvnprasad »

Hi,

I have a prob in data stage.

I have a sequencer which I have scheduled for 3 AM. I want it to run continuously even after it is finished till time is 6 AM. That means the job starts at 3 AM, finishes, runs once again, finishes and runs once again till 6 AM. After 6 AM it should finish and not run again.

Thanks
Naresh
have a nice day
Thanks
Naresh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There are many ways to do this.
Create a job sequence that is called from the scheduler that loops to call the job; it checks the time and once past 6am it exits the loop and stops.
Or you can schedule the job to run every 5 minutes in the scheduler (assuming it runs < 5 minutes) between the 3am and 6am.
cpvnprasad
Participant

Post by cpvnprasad »

Very thanks for your reply

Yeah i have tried to schedule the job,but i am not able to find the way for scheduling, there i am able to see only time option like at what time i have to run the job. This is all i have done in datastage Manager.
Thanks
Naresh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You schedule the job using the Director and can simply 'Add to Schedule', over and over, at five minute intervals. Not ideal, but would work as long as your job never takes more than five minutes to run!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Create a job that writes dummy data to a file and schedule this at 6 AM. Use a wait for file trigger to stope the looping job( job #1 , placed in an integer loop in a job sequencer, have a large upper limit and small step size) once the file is detected.. you can force a job to stop running by connecting to sequencer stage or by calling dsjob -stop from command activity stage in a job sequencer.