Sequnce job failing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketanshah123
Participant

Sequnce job failing

Post by ketanshah123 »

Hi All

In my project there is one master sequence job say A which calling other sub-sequences say a1,a2,a3, a4... in mentioned order Due to some reason sequence job called by a2 is failing and due to that master sequence is getting aborted(i.e. sub sequence a3,a4 are not getting executed). But we want if a2 is failing then also rest all sub-seq. a2,a3 called in master sequence must run.

Please sugggest the solution... what changes I have to make to called andn calling sequences.

Thanx in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the calling sequence (A) you must explicitly handle the failure of the called sequences. In that way, the automatic handling (abort the controlling sequence) is pre-empted. Read the help on automatic handling in job sequences to learn how it works.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

In DataStage Designer, select Tools, then Options. Choose "Default Trigger Colors", then make your trigger colors unique.

You may see on the canvas that your sequence has triggers that do not represent the control flow you are trying to implement.
ganesh.soundar
Participant

Re: Sequnce job failing

Post by ganesh.soundar »

In the Job activity of a2 you have a option "Unconditional". Select that option so that though if a2 is getting aborted the following job activity a3 and a4 will be triggered.

Regards,
Raja Soundararajan
ketanshah123 wrote:Hi All

In my project there is one master sequence job say A which calling other sub-sequences say a1,a2,a3, a4... in mentioned order Due to some reason sequence job called by a2 is failing and due to that master sequence is getting aborted(i.e. sub sequence a3,a4 are not getting executed). But we want if a2 is failing then also rest all sub-seq. a2,a3 called in master sequence must run.

Please sugggest the solution... what changes I have to make to called andn calling sequences.

Thanx in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chucksmith wrote:In DataStage Designer, select Tools, then Options. Choose "Default Trigger Colors", then make your trigger colors unique.
First thing I do when I install a new client. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers