Output file name..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijayg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Output file name..

Post by vijayg »

How do I use the data(Column value) as part of file name? This is XML output stage, we are creating an output for each row in the source data, not sure how to add account # as part of the file name. Any thoughts please.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you are reading the XML data Intially using Sequential file, use FileNameColum option to retrive the data and propagate it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vijayg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Output file name..

Post by vijayg »

Thanks for the reply, would you please elaborate little bit where do I use FileNameColum option to get the column name part of the XML output file name, appreciate your help.
vijayg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Output file name..

Post by vijayg »

Thanks for the reply, would you please elaborate little bit where do I use FileNameColum option to get the column name part of the XML output file name, appreciate your help.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

In Sequential file stage, under Output-->Properties-->Options-->FileNameColumn options available. Which will have a seperate column of the filename.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... except that it's a server job!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.