Problem with Lock

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pk39565
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem with Lock

Post by Pk39565 »

While accessing my job datastage is displaying the job is already is been accessed by other user.

but this job is opened by me before and datastage aborted abruptly.

after my re -login i am unable to open my job.

I tried to clean up resources from director. and tried to kill the process from unix terminal.

but unix has gives no such process is exist.

please advise
Praneet
Pierre
Participant

Re: Problem with Lock

Post by Pierre »

Pk39565 wrote:While accessing my job datastage is displaying the job is already is been accessed by other user.

I tried to clean up resources from director. and tried to kill the process from unix terminal.

please advise
Pierre
Participant

Post by Pierre »

Pk39565 wrote:While accessing my job datastage is displaying the job is already is been accessed by other user.

please advise

Run Command "ds.tools" in DS Administrator, then type 4 "Administer processes/locks" in the admin. panel.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Pk39565 - I can guess that you did what everyone here recommends that you not do - you used a "kill -9" instead of a normal "kill". You now have a lock without an associated process. Once again, this is a case where I can only recommend that you have the deadlock daemon running; in which case you could make a coffee or tea and wait at most 15 minutes for the problem to resolve itself.
cpvnprasad
Participant

Post by cpvnprasad »

For Clearing the lock,just go to datastage director,from there goto cleanup resources tab, from there you can logout the corresponding job whcih will clear the lock of that corresponding job.
Thanks
Naresh
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Now, dont you see any locks for that Job in Director?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Engine Resource Service IS working properly. However, it has nothing to do with locks (unless it is not running, since one of its roles is to prevent Windows from "cleaning up" the lock tables from shared memory).

Restarting the service involves stopping it, which clears the shared memory containing the lock tables. This does not mean that there will therefore not be any lost updates - any updates that had not been committed will necessarily be lost when the Resource service is re-started.

Browse through the forum, or view the video in the Learning Center, to learn how to unlock locks from TCL (or from the Administrator client).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shepli
Participant

Post by shepli »

To kumar_s:
After the "Engine Resource Service" is reset, no more locks is seen.

To Ray:
I am not able to access the "Engine Resource Service". It is on the server machine and under the control of our ITS. I am asking ITS people for authority to access the service. However, when jobs are locked, I asked ITS to check and they said the service is running.

Thanks for your response.

shepli