Import metadata (Uni data files)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aladap12
Participant

Import metadata (Uni data files)

Post by aladap12 »

Hi All

How are you doing today ?

I am using datastage 7.5 and widows XP in my PC.Both server and client are installed on same PC

Firstly i am trying to Import meta data for Uni data files.(Hashed) Im my server jobs.

When i tried to do so, new window opens and it is asking for Server node name.

What should i give for server Node name?

replys appriciated

Thanks
Krish
--Fan of ray
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

UniData is a different database; you won't be able to import those unless you have a UniData database system visible to your PC. I think you are lokoing for UniVerse hashed files.
aladap12
Participant

Thanks for your response

Post by aladap12 »

ArndW wrote:UniData is a different database; you won't be able to import those unless you have a UniData database system visible to your PC. I think you are lokoing for UniVerse hashed files. ...

ArndW

Yes, you are right, i am looking to import UniVerse hashed files meta data,
there it is asking for Server Node name.

Could you please tell me what should i give for this option

Thanks
krish
-- Fan of Ray
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The server node name is exactly what is says; the network node name of the machine on which the UniVerse or UniData database is running. If this is the same machine as DataStage server, you use that machine's name, or localhost or 127.0.0.1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aladap12
Participant

Thanks for reply

Post by aladap12 »

ray.wurlod wrote:The server node name is exactly what is says; the network node name of the machine on which the UniVerse or UniData database is running. If this is the same machine as DataStage server, you use that m ...
Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
Krish
---Fan of Ray