Job not running from command prompt

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthikgk0705
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job not running from command prompt

Post by karthikgk0705 »

Hi,

I have a windows command script(.bat) file. I am trying to run a job through this script. When I ran it in DEV box everything was going fine, but when I have tried the same after exporting it to PROD I get a error that "ERROR Failed to open job, Status code = -1004".

I have checked the permissions, server name, compilation status(I have ran it manually once and then I have ran through batch script,even then the same issue).

Any input on this would help me a lot.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That error just literally means it can't find a job with the name specified in the project.

Code: Select all

/* Errors generated with the DSAPI */

#define DSJE_NOMORE             -1001   /* All events matching the filter criteria have been returned. */
#define DSJE_BADPROJECT         -1002   /* Unknown project name */
#define DSJE_NO_DATASTAGE       -1003   /* DataStage not installed on server */
#define DSJE_OPENFAIL           -1004   /* Attempt to open job failed */
#define DSJE_NO_MEMORY          -1005   /* Malloc failure */
#define DSJE_SERVER_ERROR       -1006   /* Server generated error - error msg text desribes it */
#define DSJE_NOT_AVAILABLE      -1007   /* Not data available from server */
#define DSJE_BAD_VERSION        -1008   /* Version is DSOpenProjectEx is invalid */
#define DSJE_INCOMPATIBLE_SERVER -1009  /* Server version incompatible with this version of the DSAPI */
Are you certain it is spelled correctly and in the project you are (successfully) connecting to? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job names not only must be spelled correctly, they must also be cased correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.