Delete file after FTP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

chulett wrote:Are you not ftp'ing these files somewhere else meaning some other server? If so, why try to telnet to the DataStage server? :?

You need the telnet prompts and credentials from the remote server.
I just heard from my friend that its not possible to telnet a secure server. You can only do secure ftp or ssh but telnet will fail as it is secured. So Just wanted to confirm if its true.
Aim high
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your wonderful invisible friend again?

Port 23 (the telnet port) is one of the ones that is typically disabled when a site is "secured" and, yes, this means that port 22 (SSH - the "secure" equivalent of telnet) is the appropriate protocol to use.

But, as Craig asks, why are you trying to telnet to the DataStage server at all?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

ray.wurlod wrote:Your wonderful invisible friend again?

Port 23 (the telnet port) is one of the ones that is typically disabled when a site is "secured" and, yes, this means that port 22 (SSH - the "secure" equivalent of telnet) is the appropriate protocol to use.

But, as Craig asks, why are you trying to telnet to the DataStage server at all?
Well, I admit that i was doing wrong by doing telnet to Datastage server. I should be doing that to FTP site. But even in that case, I wont be able to do telnet to the ftp site as ftp is secured.

so is there any way I can make ftp stage to work the way i want? OR I have to go for Shell Script?
Aim high
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Script.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.