Not able to install Plugin stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajngt
Participant

Not able to install Plugin stages

Post by rajngt »

Dear gurus,

When we are trying to install plug-in stages but it is giving us a blank option screen.

We tried in two ways.. Ours is HP-Ux

1. We tried running install.sh again, it displayed install/maintainence screen, then choose add plugin option, then located the plugin directory where *.dsp files were present.

We got a blank list. (Although *.dsp files were present in the plug in directory)

2. By running dspackinst, from $DSHOME/bin directory, and we provided the package directory name.

still we got a blank display screen.

Please any help us on this..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wow... been way too long since I've used the dspackinst command. I also don't remember having to choose a plugin location during a maintenance mode, it was all automagic.

Perhaps you need to point up one directory level higher? I vaguely recall something like that tripping me up using dspackinst, knowing exactly where it wanted to be pointed so it could find everything.

Otherwise, if no-one else has anything, open a case with your Support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Yeduri
Participant

Re: Not able to install Plugin stages

Post by Yeduri »

rajngt wrote:Dear gurus,

When we are trying to install plug-in stages but it is giving us a blank option screen.

We tried in two ways.. Ours is HP-Ux

1. We tried running install.sh again, it displayed install/maintainence screen, then choose add plugin option, then located the plugin directory where *.dsp files were present.

We got a blank list. (Although *.dsp files were present in the plug in directory)

2. By running dspackinst, from $DSHOME/bin directory, and we provided the package directory name.

still we got a blank display screen.

Please any help us on this..

-----------------------------------------------------

If you have the DS cd, try running the install again. What it will do is it will see that the current version is the same as what is on the cd so you will get different choices when the install runs. One of the choices will be to install a plugin. If you get into the install and it thinks those plugins you need are already installed but they are not, exit the install, go into the Ascential/DataStage directory and edit a file called Plugins.ini (make a copy first) and remove the plugins you want to install. If it sees the plugins in there, it will think they are installed.

Dr. Huma Yeduri, Ph.D (Computer Science & Systems Engg.)