Problem importing SQL table definition through ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem importing SQL table definition through ODBC

Post by hobocamp »

I'm attempting to import a SQL table defintion through ODBC (something I've done successfully many times in the past), and am receiving the following error:

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.TABLES)(SQLConnect('AutoAccount','adpaccount')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=S1000,CODE=11,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][libssclient19
SQLSTATE=01000,CODE=146,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][libssclient19]ConnectionOpen (connect()).

I've searched the forum (sqlstate=s1000, sqlstate=0100, etc.) but haven't seen anything that I recognize that might be causing my problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You're trying to reach a Windoze serer from the unix box. Verify that the hostname/IP in the odbc.ini file is reachable from the unix box using ping. If the host can't be reached, contact your unix admin. If the host is reachable, then it seems that your database may be offline. There's a port number also in there with the hostname/IP. Make sure you have that info when you get the SQL-Server admin on the phone if they insist that the database is alive. Then you'll have to rundown the connectivity with them.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look at the square-bracketed components of the messages. You are successfully getting through to SQL Server - indeed the message indicates that you're connected. That it displays as a warning in DataStage results from the fact that DataStage expects a connection request to complete silently if successful, and it appears that SQL Server generates the "ConnectionOpen" string.

You might research what codes 11 and 146 mean in SQL Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hobocamp »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It turns out that since this was a named instance of a database, I needed to use a different port number than that which was our default. Once I did that, the connection was made. I'll mark this as Resolved.

Thomas Smith