Error Using MERGE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karry450
Participant

Error Using MERGE

Post by karry450 »

Hi Friends,

My sources are two flat files, I am using a merge so as to compare the 18 matching column values in two flatfiles and if they(18 matching column values are equal)I want to populate the target with some rows other than these 18 into target which is oracle.

but when I am using a merge I am getting the following error.

Abnormal termination of stage R_D_Job..ODS_R_D.IDENT1 detected

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks
Karthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is one of those occasions when resetting (not re-compiling) the job ought to yield a "from previous run" entry in the log explaining where the abort occurred. So reset your job and see what appears.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
karry450
Participant

Error Using MERGE

Post by karry450 »

ray.wurlod wrote:This is one of those occasions when resetting (not re-compiling) the job ought to yield a "from previous run" entry in the log explaining where the abort occurred. So reset your job and see what appe ...
Nope still getting the same error even after resetting.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You misunderstood. After the job aborts, reset it and then tell us the contents of the 'From previous run...' log message that should show up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
karry450
Participant

Error Using MERGE

Post by karry450 »

chulett wrote:You misunderstood. After the job aborts, reset it and then tell us the contents of the 'From previous run...' log message that should show up. ...

This is the message which log file is showing

From previous run
DataStage Job 2414 Phantom 6101
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSP.Open at address 574.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you "view data" on your 2 input files?
karry450
Participant

Error Using MERGE

Post by karry450 »

ArndW wrote:Can you "view data" on your 2 input files? ...
View data option is disabled in merge stage.

Thanks & Regards
karthik
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, can you "View Data" in your 2 source sequential stages in the designer program.
karry450
Participant

Error Using MERGE

Post by karry450 »

ArndW wrote:No, can you "View Data" in your 2 source sequential stages in the designer program. ...

I am not using any sequential files , Im using Merge and oracle target in my mapping.

Im just giving the path of sequential files in merger stage.

The flat files are really having data in unix.

And more over view data option is disabled in merge stage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Arnd is apparently thinking of the parallel Merge stage which works differently. The server Merge stage directly reads two sequential files and effects a join between them. As you say, it has no View Data capability. But that should not prevent you from using some other utility, external to DataStage, to look at these files.

Given that the error occurred in the DSP.Open subroutine, I'd be looking very closely at the two pathnames you have given in the Merge stage, ensuring that both exist (no mis-spellings, etc.) and that the executing process has read and execute permission to every directory in the path as well as read permission to the two files.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
karry450
Participant

Error Using MERGE

Post by karry450 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Arnd is apparently thinking of the parallel Merge stage which works differently. The server Merge stage directly reads two sequential files and effects a join between them. As you say, it has no Vie ...
Yes Wurlod, I am using server job

can you please help with this error.

From previous run
DataStage Job 2414 Phantom 6101
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSP.Open at address 574.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get yourself a premium membership and read the remainder of my earlier post.

Premium membership is less than 30c (Rs12) per day. Among other benefits it allows you to read posts by the five premium posters in their entirety. All revenue from premium membership is devoted to defraying the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange so, by taking premium membership, you are helping to keep DSXchange alive.