Director showing "running" but no underlying proce

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Director showing "running" but no underlying proce

Post by RodBarnes »

In the past, I've used the "Cleanup Resources" and "Clear Status File" (from the Job menu in Director) to fix a job that reports as running even though there is no underlying process; i.e., where the job has become disonnected from its process.

However, I have a sequence that is reporting "running" in director but there are no underlying processes running. Yet the options above are disabled in the menu. I don't see them appear, either, when I try to view them with a job selected.

Does anyone know what the conditions are when these options appear? Alternately, if someone knows where these settings are stored, maybe I can manually tweak them so I can run the sequence again?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this a different project? If so, please check that these options are enabled in the Administrator client: in the project properties General tab check the "Enable job administration in Director" check box.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

DOH! I knew that. Sheesh.... I just hate it when I ask a question after missing something pretty obvious!

I always set that option ("Enable job administration in Director") in my projects so I can manage them. Somehow, I missed it when creating this project and forgot about the relationship between these settings.

Thanks, Ray -- for the help and your patience.