Line out of Sequence Error - Abort

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

muruganr117
Participant

Line out of Sequence Error - Abort

Post by muruganr117 »

Hi,

I got abnormal abort before Aggregator stage in a particular job
The Job does as mentioned below

Input is a sorted flat file, an aggregator stage follows which does Sum(Values) and then writes to output file.

The abort is happening in the input link to Aggregator stage and error is
line is out of sequence ->Links "ToAggNatSum" line 2
Outside line sequence.
thank you in advance.

regards
Murugan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your file is not sorted as you have asserted on the input of your Aggregator stage or, perhaps, the first line of your file is column headings and you have not asserted in the Sequential File stage that "first line is column headings".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
muruganr117
Participant

Resolved

Post by muruganr117 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Your file is not sorted as you have asserted on the input of your Aggregator stage or, perhaps, the first line of your file is column headings and you have not asserted in the Sequential File stage th ...
Hi Ray,

Thank you for your inputs, yes i resolved by myself, what you have mentioned was correct, the file was not sorted as asserted on input of Aggregator. Thank you very much once again

regards
Murugan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please mark the thread as Resolved.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.